Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave End Date & November Update!

[DE]Rebecca

Hello all!

Welcome to an unseasonably warm November in London Ontario. Here’s an update on what we’re up to behind the scenes as an important way to help you plan your Warframe goals.

When is Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker ending?
This is a big one - our last ‘October’ post detailed out the release of the finale, and now that it’s here, it’s time to talk wrapping things up.

First, since we are launching on Next-Gen, we don’t want players joining the Tenno fold and having a Glassmaker experience that’s only one month long or less.

For this reason, we are running Glassmaker until the end of 2020, and in January 2021 we will be swapping into Intermission #3 (which will bring back old items, and offer Duplicate protection for those who already have items)! At that time in January, we’ll have a post up about our plans for Nightwave based on 3 Series of experience (one of which endured a pandemic)! 

Deimos Arcana + Public Test Weekend Content: New Arcanes, New Bounties, and more. 
Deimos Arcana is well into development. Our next planned deployment is Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana! We will only be Hotfixing in an emergency. 

A summary of Deimos Arcana can be seen here:

Update Details.png

We are doing a Public Test Cluster this weekend. Want a sneak peek at the new Arcanes? Read on: 

We are releasing new Deimos Arcanes called Residuals and Theorems. These are meant to be synergized Arcanes for Infested Kitguns and Warframes to play off each other. Take a look: 

Residuals (Infested Kitgun Arcanes)

RESIDUAL BOILS 
20% chance to grow cysts on the corpse for 12s that explode for 80 Heat Damage in 10m and applying Heat Damage type to Theorem Arcanes. 

RESIDUAL MALODOR
20% chance to create a frigid mist for 12s, dealing 40 Cold Damage/s and applying Cold Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL SHOCK
20% chance to electrify the corpse for 12s, dealing 200 Electricity Damage to enemies within 10m and applying Electricity Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL VIREMIA
20% chance to create a pool of toxic blood for 12s, dealing 40 Toxin Damage/s and applying Toxin Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

Theorems (Warframe Arcanes):
THEOREM INFECTION 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases damage of companions and summoned allies within 60m by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM CONTAGION 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane creates a globe that orbits the player every 2s. The globes will strike the nearest enemy within 5m dealing 100 damage and applying a Status Effect. Globes will persist for 8s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM DEMULCENT 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases weapon damage by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone. 

Movember
Our support of Men’s Health continues this year, and the Moustache tradition is back! Check out our contest here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1234498-moframe-of-mind-2020-contest-is-live/

Next Devstream: Lavos Edition
For those wanting to learn more about our very own Alchemist with a serpentine twist, our next Devstream will be all about Lavos. Stay tuned for a date! 

TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 on Consoles:
TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 is coming with Deimos Arcana on Consoles! Some of our most popular TennoGen items ever await keen fashion experts on Console.

Say hi to new Creators!
We continue to grow the Creator Program with some new faces being added this week! Check out some amazing Creators at warframe.com/creators 

Discord?
Are you on Discord, Tenno? We are ramping up our plans for a more active Discord community, so get in now and join our giveaways, event chats, and more: http://discord.gg/playwarframe

Tata for now! 

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

At that time in January, we’ll have a post up about our plans for Nightwave based on 3 Series of experience (one of which endured a pandemic)!

I certainly hope people at DE haven't been discouraged by the overblown negative comments about the Glassmaker series. I personally loved it (and the ending bossfight) very much. Nihil was a great villain! It might be that interactive investigation events aren't the best way to go forward, and more cutscene-like story dioramas like Series 1 and 2 would be less finnicky. But I personally really enjoyed the investigative aspect and I always love the chance to learn more about the world and lore of the game. I also want those clue items we found in series 3 as decorations for my ship.

So please, whatever angry comments might say, please don't retire Nightwave. Expand it, iterate further and improve on it. But it's the right way to go!

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are releasing new Deimos Arcanes called Residuals and Theorems. These are meant to be synergized Arcanes for Infested Kitguns and Warframes to play off each other. Take a look: 

Please fix profile equipment page for modular weapons in multiple categories. The ranks should be mirrored to not confuse players! It highly annoying being shown kit gun primaries I don't need to level because they hold no mastery points for me.

yeah new arcanes! reading them... so no one is going to use them...

just spin balling here why don't you, I don't know put another slot for augments and arcanes that have "technical" usage (such as them) so that people maybe tempted to use them? more diversity in gameplay right?  

14 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

we don’t want players joining the Tenno fold and having a Glassmaker experience that’s only one month long or less.

For this reason, we are running Glassmaker until the end of 2020

I hope we get a rank limit enlargement for older players.

6 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Welp, guess we already know which Arcane is more likely to be used and the ones less likely to be used.

Not really, the old arcanes still out-dps that stuff... plus having an arcane on your weapon that does nothing without the one in your frame is pointless.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

At that time in January, we’ll have a post up about our plans for Nightwave based on 3 Series of experience (one of which endured a pandemic)! 

Please end this madness and bring back alerts. No more unwelcome Nightwave enemies popping into missions, no more weekly grind or face missing out on limited rewards, no more punishing new players with challenges they have no chance of completing. No more nagging Nora and her cutscenes.

There's plenty to do in this game without 'seasonal' challenges. Put Umbral forma BPs back in the game proper and turn the alert system back on.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

RESIDUAL BOILS 
20% chance to grow cysts on the corpse for 12s that explode for 80 Heat Damage in 10m and applying Heat Damage type to Theorem Arcanes. 

RESIDUAL MALODOR
20% chance to create a frigid mist for 12s, dealing 40 Cold Damage/s and applying Cold Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL SHOCK
20% chance to electrify the corpse for 12s, dealing 200 Electricity Damage to enemies within 10m and applying Electricity Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL VIREMIA
20% chance to create a pool of toxic blood for 12s, dealing 40 Toxin Damage/s and applying Toxin Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

These damage numbers look like a bit of a joke, are they supposed to be affected by weapon mods?

Archived